As part of our commitment to health and safety for Design Chicago 2021, all Design Chicago participants (attendees, showrooms, exhibitors and staff) must provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event in order to receive a verified badge holder and access Design Chicago floors.
- We will be using Health Pass by CLEAR, which provides a secure, digital proof of COVID-related health insights via the free CLEAR mobile app. Complete your health screening with Health Pass by CLEAR ahead of time for expedited check-in and entry! Download and Enroll Here.
- For the most efficient entry possible, every Design Chicago participant should enroll with CLEAR before the event to complete their COVID-19 pre-screening. All attendees MUST to complete this process 24-hours prior to your arrival to ensure access to the show.
- To learn more about Health & Safety precautions theMART has offered, please click here.
Health Pass by CLEAR
We will be using Health Pass by CLEAR, which provides a secure, digital proof of COVID-related health insights via the free CLEAR mobile app. Provide your proof of COVID vaccination via Health Pass by CLEAR ahead of time for expedited check-in and entry! Download and enroll here.
Once you arrive at registration to pick up your Design Chicago badge, present the “green screen” on your Health Pass by CLEAR app.
Get ready for the event by downloading CLEAR for free and completing the one-time enrollment process to verify your entry requirements. You’ll be able to use Health Pass to confirm entry requirements before arrival to enter the venue more quickly.
Step 1: Download and enroll in CLEAR before the event to set up your pre-screening
- Download the CLEAR app and tap on the white Health Pass tile
- Select “Events” and scroll down to find Design Chicago
- Can’t find us? Tap “Have a Code” and enter code DESIGNCHICAGO
- Select the screening type you will use for event entry – either “Verify Vaccination” or “Verify COVID-19 test”
- Tap “Enroll or verify you are in CLEAR” to confirm your CLEAR member account
- New to CLEAR? When prompted, enter your email address, phone number, and have your gov’t issued photo ID ready to complete enrollment. For ease of use, we recommend that you sign up for CLEAR with the same email you used to register for Step 1: Download and enroll in CLEAR before the event to set up your pre-screening.
- Already a CLEAR member? Use the email address associated with your membership and snap a quick selfie to verify your identity
- Complete the checklist of Entry Requirements in order to finish your pre-screening
Confirm the Know This Before You Go
Tap “Add Covid-19 Vaccination” or “Get tested 72 hours in advance” and follow prompts to securely confirm verification
Step 2: Upon arriving at Design Chicago present your Health Pass open and ready in order to receive a verified badge holder at registration.
- Open the CLEAR app and tap on the white Your Pass tile
- Confirm your identity with a quick selfie
- Tap “Open Health Pass” to get your result. Green means you’re good to go!
Click here for Health Pass User FAQs
Need help? Call 855-CLEAR-ME or tap “Get in Touch” in the app for assistance
Disclaimer: CLEAR will not share your specific data about your vaccination or test results with the event organization.
All attendees, showroom & exhibitor staff and press are strongly encouraged to register in advance HERE, print badge and complete CLEAR app Health Pass set up or provide a negative COVID test at least 72-hours prior to coming on-site to expedite access to show floors.
Early EXPRESS Registration will be open early for those who have a printed badge AND completed the CLEAR app Health Pass to receive a verified badge holder. If you do not have a printed badge, you will need to visit FULL registration.
Verified badge holders will be given once you’ve completed the registration requirements and checked in at registration. Verified badge holders are REQUIRED to access all show floors.
Registrants unable to complete pre-screening will be able to provide COVID screening credentials onsite at registration during badge pick up.
Proof of COVID Vaccination
Vaccinated individuals should present a photo ID along with their vaccination card at registration. Acceptable forms of your vaccination card are:
- Your original card
- A digital copy of your card
- Scanned copy of the original card
To be considered fully vaccinated for Design Chicago 2021, your 2ndshot (or single shot if receiving the J&J vaccine) will need to have been administered no later than 10.11.21.
Valid Negative COVID Tests (must be taken within 72 hours of arrival to Design Chicago)
Those with test credentials should present a photo ID along with proof of a negative test result at registration. Acceptable forms of proof of a negative COVID test are:
- A printed copy stating your test result is negative
- A digital copy stating your test result is negative
There are two forms of COVID tests, both are acceptable.
Antigen test (frequently referred to as a rapid test) – This test detects protein fragments specific to the Coronavirus. It can be done in a clinic, doctor’s office, or hospital. Turnaround time for results is usually very quick and in some cases, results can be reported within 15 minutes.
PCR test – PCR testing is considered the “gold standard” in SARS-CoV-2 detection. This test actually detects RNA (or genetic material) that is specific to the virus and can detect the virus within days of infection, even those who have no symptoms. The test can be done in a clinic, hospital, or even in your car. Turnaround time is longer, generally in the 2-3 day range but results can be in as little as 24 hours. When demand is high, results can take a week or longer.
If providing proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result onsite, please note that this data will not be shared with anyone including the event organizer.
I can not find the CLEAR Health Pass app in the app store.
Have the app conveniently sent to you via https://clear.app.link/DesignChicago OR search “clear” in the app store and look for a white app with black polka dot star shape.
What type of COVID test will be required (i.e. is antibody accepted)? / Do you accept negative antigen tests, or is a PCR required to enter Design Chicago?
Valid negative COVID tests are PCR, Rapid and Antigen.
Do I need both proof of vaccine and a negative COVID test?
No. You only need to provide proof of COVID vaccination OR a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arriving on site.
When should I set up my CLEAR Health Pass?
If you are vaccinated, we encourage you to set up your CLEAR Health Pass as soon as possible. Your Green verified screen will be valid through out the show. If you are taking a COVID test, you will need to set up your Health Pass after taking the test and receiving the negative results. We recommend you set it up prior to arriving on site to ensure expedited access to the floors. Your green verified screen will be accessible for 72 hours after you TAKE THE TEST, not after you upload it.
I am an international attendee and I am having issues uploading the CLEAR App?
The Health Pass by CLEAR only works for US attendees. All international attendees need to bring their vaccination card and/or 72 hour test negative results.
Per The City of Chicago, face masks covering the mouth and nose are REQUIRED for all individuals, regardless of their vaccination status, while indoors.