Illinois and Chicago Have Entered Phase 5 – Full Reopening
As of June 11, 2021, all sectors of the economy in Chicago have reopened with businesses, schools, and recreation resuming normal operations with new safety guidance and procedures. Conventions, festivals, and large events now take place without capacity rules. Design Chicago will have measures and protocols in place to address any city, state, or CDC requirements and guidelines in effect in October and also to provide attendees with a high level of comfort attending Design Chicago 2021.
COVID-19/ Mask Update
In common areas, face masks are mandatory regardless of vaccination status. Please comply with any tenant specific requirements.
theMART has received GBAC Star accreditation. GBAC STAR is the gold standard of prepared facilities and the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation.
An extension of current building practices at theMART and event measures include:
Optimized Air Filtration and Circulation
- theMART has implemented the latest guidance from ASHRAE and has worked with Infectious Disease Specialists and Mechanical Engineers to execute recommendations for indoor air quality and air filtration.
- There has been an increase in the amount of fresh air that is being circulated in the building. The entire building is also being flushed with 100% outside air two hours before and after business hours each day.
- The building’s air handlers have a MERV-15 filter rating that is hospital-grade and higher than the majority of commercial buildings.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- theMART is employing aggressive cleaning protocols for all common areas of the building using approved products and protocol from public health agencies.
- Cleaning staff has been trained on the safe and healthy use of cleaning chemicals used in accordance iwth OSHA’s Hazard Communication standards.
- There is frequent disinfection and cleaning of high touch surfaces, and electro-static spraying of elevators and other public spaces.
Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the lobby and showroom/exhibit floors.